Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mili's Music

While amusing myself over at OhDeeDoh with stories of baby showers gone horribly awry, I came across the nifty idea to create a CD of baby bedtime music as a party favor.  So I decided a playlist of music for our own newbie, Mili, would make a great first gift from Mommy and Daddy to our baby girl!

I just started, so the list is uber short.  So far:

How Glad I Am by The Living Sisters
Angel by Jack Johnson
If My Heart Was A House by Owl City
My Little Girl by Jack Johnson

I'm wanting to add songs that are soothing, that show our love for Mili, but are not too cliche.

I'll be sure to share the final list, but until then, suggestions?

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful for Me by Nichole Nordeman makes me tear up each time I hear it. You can listen to it here (don't watch the video, just listen to the words)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLaqNbQNo4w

    Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles :)
    All You Need is Love and I Wanna Hold Your Hand are good Beatles ones, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caitlyn also liked Chopin a lot when she was small. You guys are already sweet parents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes anything jack johnson! Josephine loves jack johnson! Also, the song daughters by john mayer. I shed tears everytime I hear it. That's an awesome favor idea y'all are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, probably would not have guessed this one coming from me, but youtube Dixie Chicks Lullaby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Landslide---by anybody, particularly smashing pumpkins

    ReplyDelete
  6. OhDeeDoh ???
    Anything like PlayDoh ?
    --Pappy

    ReplyDelete