Friday, August 19, 2011

A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...


Author: Jane Werner Watson |  Illustrations: Eloise Wilkin
Sorry for the blur
 
It was published in 1958 by Merrigold Press and has really beautiful illustrations.  My Nana gave me this copy when I was four years old and I have fond memories of staring intently at the pictures.  
 
 

 
I would love to get some prints from this illustrator to put in Mili's room but seeing as the illustrator was born in 1904 I'm guessing they might be hard to come by and I'd hate to take apart a book for that purpose.  
 
Oh, and another one of my favorite things people...




 =)

H A P P Y  W E E K E N D


3 comments:

  1. Does Merrigold Press still exist?
    If there is no active copywright on the illustrations you could photo and print/enlarge your own. Otherwise, heirs to illustrator or pub may offer for-a-price. Check the Web !!

    Yes, books ARE rare and precious things, nowadays.
    --Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS -- I love "China Doll"--(#3) of the people set.
    -- Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that book! Glad you kept it. I also love our little Amelia. Great photos thanks.

    ReplyDelete