Saturday, May 14, 2011

Some crafting in Mili's room today

A short update!  I've been resting in the recliner chair a lot yesterday and today and whipped up two little projects for Mili's room.  Initially, I'd planned on making a garland that went from each corner of the room to the ceiling light, but after sewing said garland to a blanket and then my recliner, I decided less is more.


Ta da!  And up close...  I got this pattern from a fellow blogger on-line but I can't seem to remember where exactly.  I'll have to post it when I figure that out.  


And then if we zoom out, we can see the lovely, lovely electrical box in the room.  It's my fave.

 
 See how it just ties the whole room together?  ...No?  I've been planning on covering it up, but it is hard to find something near those dimensions that doesn't end up looking like it's taking over the entire room.  So for now... sigh... it's there.

A wide shot
 A quick look around the room...

Just because...
For Caleb and his "Mili Bear"


Finally, not really a craft, per say, but I draped some fabric over the back of the recliner chair to brighten things up!  It's from Amy Butler's Midwest Modern line and happens to be left over from the wedding
(a year ago next Sunday and coincidentally Mili's due date!)


Well, that's all for now.  My classmates threw me an awesome impromptu baby shower the last day of class so I'll be sure to showcase some of that loot pretty soon.  Some seriously nice people!
Much love, 

7 comments:

  1. You are so talented. I can't wait to see the cute crafts you and Mili come up with together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a "window" over the electrical box? Is there room for a big picture/poster then use your wedding fabric for curtains around it. The room looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5X5 "Circles" OVER E-box. Mili's photos on shelf.
    --Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW -- Time on Blog 2 hrs off ?!?!?! R U in Seattle now ?--Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  5. To "Pappy":

    The circles canvas board isn't quite long enough to cover the electrical box, unfortunately. I thought about framing it with a large mat to make up the difference, but either I wasn't looking in the right place, or I would pretty much have to go with custom framing to get the right size.

    And seeing how custom framing is always 55-60% off and still a huge money maker, I figure this is beyond my price range.

    I'm excited to think about pictures of Mili though! Also, I thought you vowed to only call her Amelia?

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete