Saturday, January 3, 2015

Oops...

Dear Blog Readers (aka no one),

I'm sorry I forgot about you.  Let's agree to pretend that last year's resolution was to not post on my blog. 

I was incredibly successful.  Go me. 

I'm an inspiration.

That level of success is just too difficult to live up to for two years in a row though, (row, though, bow, sow...) so this year I'm resolving to post on this blog AT LEAST once.

Pats self on back.

Actually I pondered resolutions and there are two three things I would like to try a little harder to do this year, and those are:

1) be a little more organized

2) spend my time in a more purposeful way

3) stop apologizing for my choices and actions that don't warrant an apology (we're all different and that's ok)

That is (in reference to #2), if I'm spending Saturday morning doing next to nothing, I want it to me a mindful next to nothing.  Not a mindless browsing of the internet.  A mindful drinking of coffee and reading, in such a way that I'm actively enjoying what I'm doing.   I'm not doing a great job of putting my thoughts into words here, but I know what I mean. 

Like that Vonnegut quote, "I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'"  As Gordan et al. summarized it "Give your own happiness a bit of brain space."

That being said, I'm done with my coffee, but here is one little thing that I'm happy about this year.


Here is a little corner of the living room where I can sit and drink coffee.  The living room is teeny tiny in this new house and I'm sort of in love with it.  In our old house we had vaulted ceilings, making decorating with smaller things pretty much impossible. For me.  I'm not so good with visualizing the right scale of decor with such big walls OR visualizing spending the cost of large paintings, decor, etc.  Anyway, I like the new living room.  It is very cozy and homey and just a place I enjoy being. 

I also like that TJMaxx tag on the wall.  I'll get to it.  Just as soon as I (trails off noncommittally...)

No comments:

Post a Comment